Tips to staying motivated:
1. Set daily goals. First thing in the morning, look through your to do list and schedule and write down the top 3 things that you need to accomplish that day first. Then add in the other items after that.
2. Remind yourself why you started. Use places that you look frequently to post reminders of what is important to you and why. This way as you go through your day, your priorities are always in view.
3. Learn something new. Nothing will dry up excitement like the same ole, same ole. Try a new activity, read a new book, go to a new event. These things will help keep things from not becoming stale.
4. Hang out with motivated people. The old saying goes “Show me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are.” It’s true, find friends that are motivated or encouraged and you will become motivated and encouraged.
5. Reward your behavior changes. Finally hit all your workouts this week, reward yourself with a new workout shirt. You will have a tangible reminder of your success every time you wear it.
Don’t let the blues get you off track!